Search This Site

Monday, October 26, 2009

Post # 39 - Just Born Halloween Peeps - The Eye-Less Peep,


Dear Peeps,

I am writing to tell you about a problem that I encountered with your ghost peeps. My children, Rocco and Tina, were enjoying your marshmallowy treats, when they discovered that one ghost was missing eyes. Why him or her? Why my children’s Peeps, and not the Peep’s of another’s children? I guess fate brought the eye-less peep to our doorstep.

When the incident occurred, I asked my children what they thought I should do, and whether a letter to the Peep Factory was justified. Rocco said, “Write a letter, Daddy.” Tina said, “No Daddy. If you complain, you’ll get in trouble and they’ll send people after us.” She went so far as to ask me to send this anonymously.

I am writing this letter for Tina, so she understands that it’s okay to bring a problem to someone’s attention. Furthermore, I wrote this letter because the children need to understand that people can, and will hold them accountable.

Consider this a moral stand—one that I am taking for my children. If Rocco or Tina turned in an art project, and the face was missing eyes, they would receive an “Incomplete.” Why should you be held to a lower standard?

I need a written explanation. Why us? Why anybody? When will it end?

Thanks,

Jerry

P.S. - These were from lot 904271916L38.
P.P.S. – If you need a photo, I can produce one.
------------------------------------
Subject: Just Born: Response to Your Message Ref#000535432A
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:30:17 -0400

Dear Jerry,

We appreciate that you took the time to contact us recently regarding our PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Ghosts. We are committed to providing our valued consumers with the highest quality confections, and it concerns us to know that we have failed to meet your expectations.

In order to best address your concerns, we would like to follow up with you via the mail through the address you provided in your message. You can look forward to receiving something from us within the next 2-3 weeks. Should you need to speak with us in the meantime, please don't hesitate to call us toll free at 1-888-645-3453.

Regards,

Shirley
------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:
Post# 131 - Blackberry and the Adventures of Jacqueline and the Apostrophe
Post#4 - Leaky Jokari Fizz-Keeper

Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment