Search This Site

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Post # 186 - Red Robin Only Has 12 Beers!

I sent this to Red Robin on 3/28/2011:
--------------------------
Dear Red Robin,

Last weekend, I was really thirsty for an icy cold beer.  I’d been craving one all day.  Every Saturday, my family picks a restaurant.  I carefully orchestrated a plan to position my fanny in one of your booths.  I mentioned bottomless fries to my twin sons, Frizzle and Frazzle.  This gave us a 3-1 vote swing over Mom’s Diner, home of the leather dog and the "biscuits-and-gravy-from-around-the-world" platter.

I knew at Red Robin, I could get myself a tasty burger, bottomless fries, and an icy cold beer.  As I stated, I’d been craving one all day.  I could feel the foam and the icy cold liquid. 

When we arrived, the restaurant was pretty crowded.  There may have been 30 or 40 families or couples.  Servers were busy, yet accommodating.  As the server took our orders, she came to me.  I wanted a beer, BADLY.  Then I saw your sign.  It read “over a dozen cold beers available.”  As badly as I wanted one, I didn’t feel like I could.  I thought of the 30 or 40 other dads, husbands, boyfriends, and johns.  I knew each of them probably wanted one too, so I ordered an Arnie Palmer instead.  I took one for the team.

As I sipped my Arnie Palmer and ate my burger, the server asked if everything was okay.  I smiled and said “yes.”  But it wasn’t.  A burger and bottomless fries, washed down with an Arnie Palmer, just doesn’t cut it.  Not when you’ve been craving an icy cold beer.

Why can’t you stock more beer?  Stock at least 30 or 40.  Some people might want two, so stock 60 or 80.  Twelve just isn’t enough.  Not for how thirsty we all were.

Sincerely.

Jerry
------------------------------
From: guestrelations@redrobin.com
CC: jandrew@redrobin.com; sschool@redrobin.com; dgreens@redrobin.com; jkrull@redrobin.com; barneil@redrobin.com; dwooley@redrobin.com; jriva@redrobin.com; pmarcoux@redrobin.com; guestrelations@redrobin.com; thill@redrobin.com; lparkhurst@redrobin.com; RHam@redrobin.com
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 17:25:55 -0600
Subject: RedRobin -Menu

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for your e-mail. We greatly appreciate your comments and feedback.

Great suggestion! We are constantly changing our menu to meet the needs and desires of our guests. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration when making future menu changes.

Thanks again for your e-mail and for being a Red Robin guest. We look forward to serving you again soon!

--------------------------
To: guestrelations@redrobin.com
CC: jandrew@redrobin.com; sschool@redrobin.com; dgreens@redrobin.com; jkrull@redrobin.com; barneil@redrobin.com; dwooley@redrobin.com; jriva@redrobin.com; pmarcoux@redrobin.com; guestrelations@redrobin.com; thill@redrobin.com; lparkhurst@redrobin.com; RHam@redrobin.com
Subject: FW: RedRobin -Menu
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 22:24:22 -0400

Dear Guest Relations, and the other dozen or so rank and file members of the Red Robin Nest on this note,

Thank you for taking my suggestion about the beer inventories under advisement. 

We went back tonight.  I made sure I got there early, and luckily, I got a beer before they ran out.  However, the place filled up quickly, and when it came time to order my sandwich, I noticed a sign that read "Over Two Dozen Burgers and Chicken Sandwiches."  For as many people as there were, that's not nearly enough!  I selflessly ordered a salad.

You might also consider increasing your burger and chicken sandwich inventories.  One of these days you'll get it right!

Thanks,

Jerry
--------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:

From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment