Search This Site

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Post # 182 - Where Does An Hungry Howies Online Order Go When It Isn't Received?

I sent this on 5/7/2011 after an awful customer experience.

Dear Hungry Howie,

This evening, my loving wife and I had a hankerin’ for pizza.  Hungry Howie Pizza.  We used the online service one other time, with great success.  It seemed like a no-brainer.  This way, I wouldn’t have to ask the busy associate over the phone, “what specials do you have today?” and then, mill over the options, all while he’s waiting on four other people.  In a way, by ordering online, I’m doing you a big favor.

My sweetums placed an online order on your website.  She ordered a 2 large pizza, cinnamon sticks and 2 liter special, with a pick-up time of .  When she hit “Submit Order”, she was directed back to the home page.  We assumed this meant all was well.  I was tasked with running a few errands and arriving at the pizza store at .

I arrived at , and asked if my order was ready.  THEY DID NOT HAVE THE ORDER.  They asked if maybe the order went to one of the other two neighboring locations.  I called my wife, who checked—this was in fact, her default location.

The workers, I think, thought that I messed up my order.   I placed my order again, and proceeded to wait 20 more minutes, in my car.  A rain cloud came over me and soon, it was raining.  A hungry family awaited me.

While I waited, I kept thinking: why not send a confirmation.  An email or text to the account holder’s phone or inbox.  Or better yet, an error message when the order doesn’t go through.  That might save me an extra half hour next time.

Sincerely,

Jerry

--------------------------------------
No Response.  I'm assuming my email went to the same place that the order went.

We had Jet's pizza last weekend (ordered online), and it was awesome. 

---------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment