Search This Site

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Post # 184 - Boston Market: Why Not Throw Daddy a Bone?

I sent this to Boston Market on 6/10/2011.
--------------------

Dear Boston Market,

About a month ago, you sent me an advertisement, offering a free brownie on Mother's Day.  What a great tribute.  There is nothing like the love of a mother.

Last September, you sent me an advertisement commemorating Grandparent's Day and rewarding my kids with two free meals.  What a great tribute!  Grandparents have graduated from parenthood, and are now working their way up to heaven.  Children?  They're the future!  Nice promotion!

Truthfully, I'm waiting for you to send a deal commemorating my neighbor's cocker spaniel's birthday.  Because I know that day will come before you honor Father's Day.

Why is it so difficult to honor dads?  Kids spend months in art classes, making these elaborate, majestic Mother's Day gifts.  And they should.  Moms deserve it.  School letting out happens to coincide with Father's Day, and those same teachers who placed all that emphasis on the perfect Mother's Day Arts and Crafts initiative, give ol' Dad the shaft. 

In some instances, Dads are also the moms.  Dads, Step Dads, Baby Daddies, Sugar Daddies, Papa Grande's, Papa Smurf, Father Figures, God Fathers and Father Bob.  Yes--Mom's are great.  Grand Parents are awesome.  The children are the future.  How about throwing Dad a bone once in a while?

As a father and loyal, lifelong customer, I'm offended and upset, dismayed and disappointed.  It's regrettable, intolerable, and unbelievable.

When Boston Chicken became Boston Market, I thought "What a forward thinking company!"  I bought stock, which tanked when you went bankrrupt, which is another story.  Regardless, I saw Boston Market as a forward thinking company.  Why not throw Daddy a bone?

Thanks,

Jerry
-------------------------------------------
From: donotreply@bost.com
Subject: Thank you from Boston Market
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:13:47 -0600

Boston Market Guest -

Thank you for submitting your feedback to our Boston Market Guest Contact Center. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We have forwarded your information to the appropriate people at Boston Market. You will be hearing back from someone in 2-3 business days.

Boston Market Guest Contact Center

- - - - - Please do not reply to this e-mail. This is an automated confirmation to let you know your e-mail was received. Thank you.
--------------------------------------------
Note: Boston Market never replied.  Thinking this was over (they didn't reply within 3 business days), I posted on June 15th.

Then, on June 16th, I saw this in my email (3 days before Father's Day):

It's probably a coincidence.


--------------------
You May Also Enjoy:

Post# 180: Sonic and Their Crappy Beverage Carrier

Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment