Search This Site

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post # 183 - Sirius -ly Out of Touch

I recently purchased a "gently used" vehicle, a 2008 Chrysler Sebring with roughly 10,000 miles on it.   Typically, when you purchase a NEW car, you get six free months of Sirius Radio.  While I've pushed the Sirius Button many times (only to get the number to call to subscribe), I never had any expectation of free service.

However, apparently, when the title on the car changes, Sirius gets the information for the new customer.  They reached me by mail, and soon, email.  The emails are two or three per week, borderline harrassing in frequency.  The tone is always "welcome aboard, you're already a customer."  So I started wondering if maybe I was supposed to be and nobody told me.
---------------------------------
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:44:22 +0000
From: support-sirius@sirius.chtah.com
Subject: Welcome to Sirius - Important Information Enclosed.  YOU'VE GOT SIRIUSIN YOUR CHRYSLER.


1-866-434-7425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting if you have questions or need additional help with your service. Enjoy! 
Your ESN (Radio ID):
XXXXXXXXXX
Online Username:
XXXXXXXX
Questions? Please call 1-866-434-7425 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              
Dear JERRY:

Welcome to SiriusXM! To get the most enjoyment from your trial subscription, start by clicking on the links in this email to download a channel guide, set your listening preferences, sign up for programming alerts, get schedules - and more. Call Listener Care at 1-866-434-7425 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              
1-866-434-7425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Your SiriusXM Customer Agreement   Click here to set your listening preferences and sign up to receive free programming information customized to your interests.
  Click here to choose your renewal plan now so you won't have to think about it later. If you prefer, your credit/debit card won't be charged until your trial subscription ends.*

LISTENER CARE
 We're here 7 days a week.Email us: Listener Care or Call us: 1-866-434-7425 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-866-434-7425      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
 Subscriptions are governed by the SiriusXM Customer Agreement; see SiriusXM.com.


If you decide to continue your Sirius service at the end of your trial, the paid plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at our then-current standard rates, until you call SiriusXM at 1-888-539-7474 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              
1-888-539-7474      end_of_the_skype_highlighting to cancel.

SiriusXM U.S. Satellite Service available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States, D.C. and Puerto Rico (with coverage limitations), while SiriusXM Internet Radio is also available in AK, HI and PR.  -------------------------------------------

To: support-bx7esfbbgv5uhbau6s3dgqcbttu9q7@sirius.chtah.com
Subject: RE: Welcome to Sirius - Important Information Enclosed.
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 23:08:54 -0400

Dear Sirius,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I bought a gentlly used Sebring from a dealership.  The vehicle had 10,000 miles on it.  The trial subscription had run out before I took possession.

Was my vehicle supposed to be activated, and I just missed something? 
Let me know!

Jerry
------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:04:38 +0000
Subject: Your Sirius service will end in a few weeks.
Renew your subscription now and you won't have to miss it later.      

Dear Jerry,
A few short weeks from now, you could be on the road and wondering where all your favorite Sirius programming went.

That's why we're here reminding you to renew your SiriusXM subscription for only $12.95* a month–or even less, depending on the payment plan you select. Just click here or call 1-866-338-0620 and one of our Listener Care representatives will help you renew your service and select the plan that is the best value for you.
Sincerely,   
Joe Zarella


CHIEF SERVICE OFFICER, Sirius XM Radio 
---------------------------
My note, sent 3/27/2011:

Dear Joe,

Chief Service my ass.  You're being cruel now.  I never had Sirius.  I've never ordered it.  Somehow you got my email address, and have decided to unleash this cruel series of emails.

I've sent more than one note about this, with no response, other than more discussion about my subscription.

Could your paid subscriber customer service be this bad?  I doubt it, but then I wonder.

When I bought my car, I momentarily considered a Sirius subscription.  Now, I'm feeling insulted and neglected.  It's REALLY HARD TO RENEW A SUBSCRIPTION IF YOU NEVER HAD A SUBSCRIPTION IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

No Thanks!

Jerry

----------------------------
You Might Also Enjoy:
From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment