Search This Site

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Post #190 - Is McDonald's Selling "P?"

I sent this on 3/10/2011:

Dear McDonald's,

As the foreman of a seven man road crew in sunny Arizona, we rely heavily on your products.  Each day, we stop at one of your several institutions in the greater Phoenix area for breakfast and also lunch.  By lunchtime, the temperatures can climb into the high 90's, so a large beverage to go isn't a luxury--it's a requirement.

The other day, I took my son, Jimmy to McDonald's for his weeky McNugget and Playland outing with his broithers, Kimmy, Timmy, Tommy, and Bob.  My son, wise beyond his years, pointed out the "P" designation on his beverage lid. 

He asked me:

1) Does McDonald's serve "P?"
2) If so, what kind of crazy person would order that?
If you could provide some feedback, that would be great.  From my perspective, I think the P designation is great.  Let me explain why.

Once in a while, one of the crew runs into, (I'm going to put this delicately) a bathroom problem.  A bladderful of McDonald's Latte and Dr. Pepper can really create an emergency, especially when the nearest gas station is 5 miles away.  Sometimes, the guys need a "container" to use.  With no means of disposal, unfortunately, the cup must be placed in your glorious (invention of the century?) beverage carriers.  The problem comes when one of the thirsty fellows hasn't gotten the memo about the cup of waste.

I can't tell you how grateful I am that you've added the "P" category to your drink lids.  This makes it so much easier to warn the others of a "Code Yella."

Did you add the "P" to help people like me in the labor industry, as a beacon, sort of a beverage amber alert? 

Another good one would be a "T" category.  Sometimes, Sid likes to chew tobacco and spit in his empty beverage cup.  If you aren't paying attention and grab the wrong cup... you know what happens.

Please advise on the "P" designation for Jimmy.

Thanks,

Jerry
-------------------------------
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 04:02:28 -0600
Subject: Message from McDonald's USA

Hello Jerry:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's.

We truly appreciate when customers take the time to share their comments or questions with us. However, at this time, I do not have the answer to your question and must conduct some research to provide you with an accurate response. I will reply as soon as I have this information.

Again, thanks for e-mailing McDonald's. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Lisa
McDonald's Customer Response Center

ref#:7635145

-------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 04:00:51 -0500
Subject: Message from McDonald's USA


Hello Jerry:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's.

I appreciate your interest in our packaging.  The "P" on the soft drink lid stands for Dr Pepper or in some locations Pibb Xtra. I hope this information has been helpful.

Again, thank you for contacting McDonald's. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the Golden Arches.

Jennifer
McDonald's Customer Response Center

ref#:7635145
----------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:
From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Also, I wonder if she noticed the pun in her final email: We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again soon under the "Golden" Arches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well.. MCDVoice Survey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    Chewing tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  4. The site is really beneficial for everyone to know about this topic. I think if you read blog than you will get some more information from blog. This is really useful blog. buysnus

    ReplyDelete