Search This Site

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Post# 294 - Arby's - What's With The Right Hand Drive Through?

Dear Arby’s,

I was extremely disappointed with a recent visit to one of your restaurants.  As I drove through the drive through, I realized your window was on the right side of my car, some five plus feet away.  With my foot on the brake, it’s virtually impossible to reach your cashier with my $6.83 in small bills and coins, without putting my car in park, unbuckling my seat belt, and straddling my shifter—HAY-OH!

Let’s look at it this way.  I’m smart enough to put the car in park before taking my foot off the brake.  I’ve an Arby’s customer fill an entire 16 ounce cup full of Horsey Sauce.  When I asked him why, he said, “I’ve got family flying in from out of town.”  Let’s say I pull up after our little transaction, and Horsey Sauce Guy is behind me.  He takes his foot off the brake to reach your cashier.  I’m sitting there, seat belt still off, sorting through my food items when….WHAM!  Rear ended.  You just put me at risk.

Are you trying to put people at risk?  Are you more concerned about the aesthetics and flow of your restaurant than the safety and convenience of your drive-through patrons?  Are we, your loyal customers, collateral damage in a war against convention and logic?

By making us reach, are you trying to evolve the human species to have a much longer right arm for some future purpose?  Maybe a longterm plan to convert all of your restaurants over to the more cost effective Righty Drive Through, all so your stock rises a quarter point?

Please Explain!

Jerry
--------------------------
Their response, dated 6/1/12:


Dear Mr. Jerry,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the problem you encountered with your recent visit to one of our restaurants. We share your concern and frustration with the incident you encountered, and sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Please be assured that, at Arby's, quality and consumer satisfaction are our highest priorities. Thanks to consumers like you and the information you provide, we are better able to trace the source of a problem and take any actions that may be necessary to resolve it. We have shared your comments with our Facilities Management team so that this could be taken into account for future consideration. We are going to mail you 2 VIP cards (each valid for a free combo meal) to invite you back to one of our restaurants.

Once again, our apologies for your inconvenience and I hope we can continue to consider you a valued customer.

Sincerely,

Stella
Arby's Customer Relations 
------------------------------------
Soon after, I received in the mail, two coupons for free combination meals.

-------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment