Search This Site

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Post # 126 - My Fisher Price Form Letter Experiment - 1/3/2010

This was an experiment. I had written a negative letter to Fisher Price/Mattel about Barbie (Post #66). The next day, they sent the most generic form letter containing all of the typical catch phrases. It could have applied to any complaint about any product.

I wrote back accusing Fisher Price of being too big and out-of-touch with their customers. I accused them of having a machine that spits out form letters, based on which button the operator presses: positive or negative. I then crafted  my version of the “positive” form letter.
------------------------------
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us.




A great deal of time has gone into the design and manufacture of this item and are glad that you like it.

Consumer feedback is very important to us. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate personnel here at Mattel for their interest.

We will continue to work hard to merit your future support of our products.

Sincerely,

Mattel Consumer Relations

service.mattel.com

I then sent the letter below on 1/3/2010 to see if I was correct.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Fisher Price,

Well done! Bravo!

I just wanted to send you some positive feedback regarding the Fisher Price Spin and Crash Raceway. My three-year-old, Zacchaeus, loves to play with this, when he isn’t pretending to “collect our taxes” with his cash register and pad of paper, or climb the tree in our backyard.

He spends hours crashing his little cars into one another, with seemingly no consequences. My husband thought it might be a fun idea to tape ketchup packets onto the cars. I thought this was “taking it a little too far”. Luckily, your toys are washable, and clean up nicely.

Give each other a pat on the back. Another fine product. Keep up the good work, as always.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Barnowski
-----------------------------------------
Their response is below.  I wasn't word for word, but I think I more or less answered my question.

Subject: In Reference to Case Number: 17774339

Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 15:36:57 -0500
From: ConsumerServiceCenter@Fisher-Price.com

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We're pleased to learn that your family enjoys our Fisher-Price Spin N Crash Raceway.

It's the kind of enthusiasm about our products that you expressed that keeps us challenged to manufacture toys that stimulate the imaginations of children, while at the same time maintaining our high standards of design, quality and safety. We will work hard in the future to merit your family's continued support of our products.

Sincerely,

Mattel Consumer Relations
service.mattel.com

From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment