Search This Site

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Post # 116 - Motorola and Their Piece of Crap RAZR Phone - 3/6/2010

Dear Motorola,

I have been a Motorola RAZR Phone user for two years. They have been miserable years. Miserable like an 88 minute romantic comedy that winds up being a 130 minute “one-of- main-characters-is-slowly-dying” drama.

This phone was provided to me by my employer, Koester Steaks. There are several of us ranchers with these phones, and several of us have the same problem. The back cover falls off willy-nilly, anytime. Mid conversation. Pulling it out of its holster to check the time. Checking my email while I’m in the stall.

It started about 6 months into my ownership. The cover came off. I saw my battery and SIM card. I thought “great—now I know where they are in case I need to take them out.” Then, it was like a kid’s loose tooth. The more I used it, the looser it got. I was a bit annoyed. One of my coworkers complained, and the boss said “you probably don’t need a work phone anyway. So I gulped hard and swallowed my complaint.

Soon, my minor annoyance was a full-on red ass. I had to tape it shut. The other ranchers made fun of me for having a taped-shut phone. “Look at the dork with the tape on his phone.”

Eventually, the phone started “blacking out”. It seems the battery was loose—even with the back lid taped shut. To keep it “functional” I had to apply pressure to the back side with one finger, while holding it with the others. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong finger, and one of the other ranchers thought I was flipping him off. There was a scuffle at Koester Steak Ranch. No one was hurt though.

This Motorola RAZR phone is a piece of crap. You didn’t spend enough time developing and testing. I am supported by two very significant facts:

1) I know four other people with the same problem.
2) A Google search brings up several similar complaints. Try it—I dare you.

Do you admit that this has been a big issue in the field?

Sincerely,

Jerry Herman
---------------------------------------
3/10/2010 reply:

Dear Jerry,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola.

Regarding your concern, we are sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you have experienced. There has not been any known issue notified pertaining the back cover of the Motorola RAZR cell phone series. Motorola stands behind our products by offering a minimum one-year warranty issued from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover physical or liquid damage and is applicable to all the phones that were manufactured for the US market.

We look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.hellomoto.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Guido
--------------------------------------------------------------
My response, sent 3/10/2010

Dear Motorola,

Yep. I figured it wasn’t covered. Why would it be? For a year and a half, I wondered, “what if I complained within the warranty period?” It turns out, it wouldn’t have been covered anyway.

Warranties are great for companies when they crank out crap. That back cover is a known problem. You screwed up. I know it. You know it.

This is where we part. I’m no longer a Motorola slappee. I’m just some guy with a big mouth telling people about my experiences.

Thanks for nothing!

Jerry
------------------------------------
Dear Jerry,


Thanks for contacting Motorola once again.

We regret losing you as a valued customer and we remain at your entire disposal for any future inquiries you may have.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.hellomoto.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,
---------------------------------------------------
Guido,

You mention being at my full disposal, but you never really did anything except dodge some questions about a design flaw with your RAZR phone, and hide behind a clause in the warranty.

You contradict yourself. First, you acknowledge that you’re losing me as a customer. Then you provide your website for product info. If I were a customer, I’d probably enjoy the site. As it stands, if I click on the site, I might buy another fall-apart phone.

Thanks but no thanks. Have a nice life.

Jerry

From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment