Search This Site

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Post# 256 - Nice and Easy Hair Color: The Applicator Bottle Broke Mid-Job!

My friend Shondira recently had a bad experience.  The actual failure occurred exactly as described below.  There may have been some embellishment, but only to underscore the embarrassment and possible consequences.  Check out Shondira's blog, Intense Auburn.  It's awesome.
--------------------------
Dear Nice and Easy,

As my client enters a court room, jurors assume guilt. As his lawyer, I must convey professionalism as I
convince them otherwise.

I have been coloring my hair for 20 years with no problems—often with Nice and Easy. Last night, as I applied your product, the plastic bottle cracked badly.  As I squeezed, color oozed out the crack and not the nozzle.  I had to stop, with 1/3 of the color everywhere but my hair. My hair, partly colored, looks awful.  I look like a freaking Fraggle!!!

Being a holiday, stores were closed. I had no choice but to go to the trial looking ridiculous. As I presented my case, jurors laughed and pointed. The prosecutor, sensing blood, kept using terms like "shady" to win the jurors over. I caught the judge snapping a photo with his cell phone. We lost. My client blamed me. I blame you.

I am embarrassed and angry. I feel violated.  My husband won't touch me. I need an explanation. Why should I ever try Nice and Easy again?  Unacceptable!!!

Nice and Easy my ass!!!
 
Shondira
---------------------
Date: Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Subject: Clairol Contact Us Page. Your Contact Number 015225861A

Dear Shondira,

Thank you for contacting Clairol regarding your experience with Nice 'n Easy #118 Natural Medium Brown.  I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and am sorry this product did not meet our high quality standards. I understand how upsetting this can be and apologize for any inconvenience this experience may have caused.  I truly appreciate the extra time you took to let us know.
Consumer feedback is extremely important to us, and I would like to assure you that I have reported the incident you described to our Quality Assurance Department which makes every effort to prevent such occurrences.
So that I may gather more information about the problem you experienced, I kindly ask that you reply to this email (by clicking on the link below) with the product batch code.  The batch code is a series of 10 numbers and letters, usually found stamped or embossed on either the shoulder of the bottle or bottom of the product/box.
We strive to provide the highest quality products and services for our customers.  I am sending you a replacement coupon via postal mail, which you will receive in 2-3 weeks.  I hope you accept this offer along with my sincere apologies.
We hope we have been helpful.

Kendrick
The Clairol Consumer Relations Team.
015225861A/EKD
-------------------------
Subject: RE: Clairol Contact Us Page. Your Contact Number 015225861A
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 22:14:25 -0400


Dear Clairol,

Thanks for responding.  The replacement coupon will allow me to finish the job that the first batch was meant to perform (if the bottle doesn't crack).  The batch code is:_________. 

Do we know why the bottle would have cracked?  It's not like I took anabolic steroids.  Did you change the material or brittleness specifications?

Also, for the spatter marks on my persian throwrug, are there methods for removing such stains?  Am I heading to a dry cleaner?

Still a little annoyed at the whole situation, but at least you're trying to help.
Sincerely,
Shondira
-------------------
Date: Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Subject: P&G Beauty Contact Us Page. Your Contact Number 015225861C

Dear Shondira,
Thank you for contacting Clairol. I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and understand how upsetting this can be.  I truly appreciate the extra time you took to let us know. We feel it is important to speak to you directly, please email me your  telephone number and the best time to contact you and I will return your call.
Thank you,

Glisette
The P&G Beauty Consumer Relations Team.
015225861C/LGN
Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
If you have additional comments about this issue, please click here:
------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:
Post# 103: Tom Wilson and My Piston Game Bunny Hop
Post# 180: Sonic and Their Crappy Beverage Carrier

Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment