Search This Site

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Post# 221 - Starbucks Coffee and Their Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Dear Starbucks,


As I entered one of your stores today, I smelled it.  Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  I looked at my calendar.  Halloween is 54 days away.


I believe strongly that every pumpkin deserves it's fair chance at being a Jack o' Lantern.  If the pumpkin isn't "ready" on October 31st, well that's fair.  But you took those pumpkins out of the running for Jack o' Lantern over seven weeks early.

I view "Pumpkin Spice" season as autumn.  Autumn and after Halloween.  Heck, you can run Pumpkin Spice season right up to the holidays--it works.  Especially with all of the pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin ice cream.  I just think that a week ago, the kids were swimming in a pool, riding up to the ice cream shop, trying to outrun the long arm of school.  And meanwhile, those pumpkins were trying to outrun Starbucks.


This is how I feel.  I can't help it.


Sincerely,


Jerry
---------------------
 Subject: Re: other <<#383492-6779074#>>
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 12:23 AM



Hello Jerry,
 
Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your candid correspondence. Rest assured we take our customer's feedback seriously and are looking to improve your experience on a daily basis. I've forwarded your comments to our corporate office for review, and hopefully we can achieve a positive resolution to this situation. Thank you again for supporting Starbucks!

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know. 

Warm Regards,

Brittney M
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
---------------------
My response, sent 9/13/2011:

Brittany,


Thank you for your response.  It is quite obvious, by the tone--between the words, margins, and spaces--Starbucks takes their consumer feedback seriously.


It sounds like you're going to be heading up to the corporate office at some point to defend my letter, and I appreciate that.  How many more pumpkins need to be destroyed senselessly before the trees have even turned?  There isn't even a nip of autumn chill in the air, and pumpkins are having their seeds and goop senselessly and prematurely removed.  And for what?  Spicy coffee?

I appreciate you fighting my battle!

Sincerely,


Jerry
-----------------------
From: Starbucks Customer Care
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: other <<#383492-6779074#>>
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 7:46 PM

Hello Jerry,


Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company and sharing your opinions about the pumpkins with us.


I sincerely appreciate your comments and hope you will continue to enjoy Starbucks coffee.   
Sincerely,  
 
Misty J
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
---------------------------
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: other <<#383492-6779074#>>
Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 9:44 PM


Dear Misty,

Oh dear.  What happened to Brittany?  I sincerely hope she didn't get fired for fighting my pumpkin battle.
Because if that's the case, I can't ask you to take up my cause.  Unless, that is, that is, you feel as I do about the pumpkins.  I guess what I'm saying is, judgment call.  Tread lightly.
If you run into Brittany, thank her and apologize for me.

Thank you,


Jerry
-----------------------
From: Starbucks Customer Care <info@starbucks.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: other <<#383492-6779074#>>
Date: Thursday, September 15, 2011, 5:20 PM


Hello Jerry,
 
Thank you for taking your time to contact The Starbucks Coffee Company.


 I wanted to assure you that Brittany (and Misty) are both still employed with Starbucks. Starbucks treasures the opinions of our loyal customers and would in no way punish an associate for simply relaying any issues or concerns to our corporate office. You might want to put your ideas on http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ideaList?ext=0&lsi=0&category=Food where you can get feedback and support from your peers. I'm sure you will have some people interested in your cause considering it has been a pleasure, however sensitive the subject, to hear someone as passionate in their beliefs as Starbucks is in our product and service.

Thank you for allowing me to assure you that we are a company designed to support you and that we would never punish a customer representative for doing their job by making your voice heard. If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know. 

Warm Regards,


Dina S
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
--------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment