Search This Site

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Post # 160 - TGI Friday and the Tuesday Vibe - 1/15/2011

Dear TGI Friday's,

As a morning weather personality, I try to avoid the night life, and keep my figure thin and slender, so I don’t “cover the whole map” as we say in the biz.  I avoid restaurants with delicious food and drinks because my will power is weak.  I had never been to your restaurant, despite all of the hype.

Yesterday (Friday), I buckled after years of peer pressure from friends, colleagues, relatives, and ex-lovers.   “You’ve never been to TGI Friday’s?”  “It feels like Friday every day in there.”  “The food is bitchin’ and the servers are great.” 

I figured, I’d go on my favorite day.  Why not go on an actual Friday, to intensify the Friday-ness?

So I went at lunchtime with another meteorologist and the traffic gal.   I was greeted by a newby, Carol, and her trainer, Suzanne.  Let me start by saying that they did a great job.

The menu was lovely.  Lots of variety, and different price points for all walks of life.  I saw some healthier, lighter fare, and some “call my cardiologist” items.  Lots of booze drinks.  All in all, impressive.

The atmosphere was nice.  Wonderful decorations, imaginative signs, televisions everywhere showing sports and news (but no weather).  People around us seemed to be laughing and having a good time.  Except for the table next to us, where a young lady was breaking up with her boyfriend.

I ordered the Jack Daniels Chicken sandwich, and a salad to help keep it healthier.  Both were wonderful.  I used my fork to scrape up the remaining Jack Daniels sauce, and lick it off the fork like some hungry bear.

The real reason that I write is, it didn’t really feel like Friday in there.  To me, it felt like a Tuesday, in either late October or early March.  Don’t get me wrong, when I went in, it felt like Friday, and when I left, it returned to feeling like Friday.  It sorta bummed me out, and left me overall, dissatisfied with my visit.

Did I do something wrong?  Are there specific menu items that make it feel like Friday, more than the other days?  Did I order up a Tuesday?

Disappointed,

Jerry
--------------------------
From: tgif-gstrel@casupport.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 13:41:26 -0500
Subject: Case# 2948049

Dear Jerry:
Thank you for notifying Guest Relations of your unsatisfactory experience at T.G.I. Friday's. We realize the importance of your time and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I would first of all like to thank you for your comments regarding our location and our sever's Carol and Suzie, I would also like to apologize that it did not feel like Friday in our restaurant i guess it could be many things but nothing specific, I will forward your comments to our location so that we may improve in that aspect of our service.
Your concern has been shared with our management team. We hope to provide the best possible service during your next visit. Please contact the General Manager, George T. with any additional comments. You may also contact Guest Relations at 800-FRIDAY’S, option 1.

Kind regards.

Carlos
Guest Relations
-------------------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:


From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment