Search This Site

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Post # 106 - Lenscrafters Lenses for Three Eyes - 2/20/2010

Dear Lenscrafters,

I am wondering if you might be able to help me. I have a rare condition—a third eye. When I tell people this, many think I’m referring to the Taoist belief that we possess an ability to sense what others are feeling, above our standard five senses, and that this ability evolves over time. Nope. I have a third eye. Smack in the center of my forehead, above the standard set. I’ve Googled three eye humans, tri-optic humans, etc. I’ve never found anything outside of comic books and Chakras.

It really hasn’t been a hardship. I often wear a sweatband in photos, and around folks who don’t really know me. Two developments have pushed me to go public, which I am doing now.

First, I have decided that my third eye is part of who I am, and that those around me, need to love all of me.

Second, I need corrective lenses for all three.

My options are:

1) Wear three contact lenses. Can we set up a three lens-at-a-time deal instead of the standard two lens plans?

2) Have a special set of frames specially crafted. I’d prefer round lenses, for symmetry.

Do I have options through your company? I can understand if my lenses take 90 minutes instead of the standard hour. After all, there are 50 percent more lenses to craft.

Please let me know. I’ll be keeping an eye out for your response.

Sincerely,

Jerry

PS: I have AAA—does that get me a discount?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: lenscrafters@mailnj.custhelp.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:29:25 -0500
Subject: Third Eye [Incident: 100219-000610]

Subject: Third Eye Discussion Thread Response (Milton)02/22/2010 09:29 AMJerry,

Good morning and thank you for contacting Lenscrafter regarding your request for frames that will service a third eye. I need assistance in this matter and refer to you to contact our nearest location which I listed below for assistance:

Southland
Formerly D.O.C. Optics
23000 Eureka
Taylor, MI 48180
(734) 374-8500

Regards,

Milton

-------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:
 
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters

No comments:

Post a Comment