Search This Site

Monday, February 7, 2011

Post # 163 - Walmart's Great Value Stuffing Mix Is A Great Value Because It Contains Extra Paper 7-29-2010

Dear Walmart,


I believe in making dinners from scratch. Sometimes, between my gigs as a 9-5 accountant, and my Monster Truck aspirations, I don’t have time. Your Great Value products enable me to “cut a few corners” when preparing meals for my children—Victor, Valerie, Vance, Vivian, Vince, Violet, and Jeff.

Last week, I prepared a delicious meal of Cornish game hens. I personally hunted them myself, de-headed, de-feathered, de-gutted, de-buck-shotted, stuffed, and baked these delicious birds. The entire preparation took eleven hours. By the end, your Great Value Chicken Flavored Stuffing Mix was looking mighty tempting. It cooked up in five minutes.

I have one bone to pick with you. As I opened the box, and the package inside, I found a rather large hunk of brown paper—almost like packaging from something at the Walmart Great Value Factory.

That's not my hand (I don't wear polish).
It got me wondering: It was very easy for me to find something that should have been easy for you to see and catch. What other things are you feeding me that I can’t see and remove? You didn’t know about the paper. What else don’t you know that you’re feeding my seven kids and I? What else, unbeknownst to me, have I ingested from Great Value products?

If it happened to me, I’m betting there are others! I’d appreciate some feedback. If you need a photo of the debris, I can share that. UPC: 78742 43454, LOT: CB81, Expiration: 12/14/11.

Sincerely,

Jerry

P.S. – I find it annoying that your website makes me email my letter to my local store. This issue happened in a factory somewhere, and was shipped to my store. This IS NOT THEIR FAULT. I don’t understand why they’re being dragged into this. This is counterproductive.

-----------------------
Walmart's response, sent 7/30/2010

Thank you for your message.

Dear Jerry,

We received your feedback regarding your unpleasant experience with a Great Value product and we regret the product did not meet your expectations.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. We assure you that your satisfaction is a high priority and we are committed to continually improving our products to meet your expectations. We will forward your information and feedback to our Quality Assurance Team so it can be reviewed and addressed.

We would appreciate it if you would assist us in researching this matter by providing the object and product package in which you found it. If you retained those items, please contact us by email at pbrandc@wal-mart.com or call us toll-free at 877-505-2267 for information on how we can collect the items from you at no cost to you. We hope you will continue using Great Value products and share your feedback with us often.

Your input is important to us as we work to provide products you want and trust, so you can save money and live better. You can visit us at www.walmart.com and share your comments on the "Contact Us" link, or find additional information on all our Great Value products by selecting the "Grocery" link. Our Great Value team is happy to respond to additional questions or concerns and assist you in any way when you call 877-505-2267 Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 am to 5:30 pm Central Standard Time.

Thank you,
Benjamin
Great Value Customer Care
-------------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:


From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment