Search This Site

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Post# 249 - AAA - How About an Lousy and Advancing Age Driver's Certification Test

Dear AAA,

There was a time in my life when I had a lot of points.  I would have told you I was safe, but I was not.  Every driver thinks he or she is safe.  New drivers, old drivers, drunk drivers.  Bad drivers increase the liklihood of  automobile fatalities for everyone, including good drivers.  They increase the cost of insurance, and probably cut into AAA's profit margin as well.

I recommend an annual certification.  "In order to remain insured by AAA, if you fall into a higher risk category, you  must take an annual certification."  Come up with a quick but thoroughdriver's test that requires good vision, reflexes, and reasoning skills.  It could be a siumulator.  Make these people take the test.  If they pass, give them an award.  If they fail, take away their insurance. 

You could pay for it with the money that you save by not insuring bad drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment