Search This Site

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Post# 228 - Hasbro Hungry Hungry Hippos and The Undersized Box

After buying this and putting it together for my kids, I realized that it doesn't go back in the box.  With tiny plastic marbles, why would anyone want that convenience?  I sent this on 12/26/2006:


To Whom It May Concern:

After Santa delivered us Hungry Hungry Hippos, I assembled it according to your instructions.

My daughter, Jill, son, Joe, wife, Holly, and I played all night. What fun!

At the game's conclusion, I went to put it back in the box you provided, and to my surpise and disappointment, the box was too small, or the game was too big to store. See photo.

Did I assemble incorrectly? What do you suggest that I do for storage?

Is this a ploy to get the little marbles to roll under the shelf in the game closet so I have to buy more? Was it a dollars and cents decision made by big-wig executives who are "out of touch" with the gameplaying populus that likes to place their games back in their original boxes without intensive disassembly to ensure dust-free play, neat storage, and no loss of or damage to pieces? The exhaustion that you feel after reading that run-on only touches the level of exhaustion that I feel after having tried to squeeze that game into that box.

I would suggest, as a courtesy to future customers, a disclaimer, maybe a coupon for raw materials at Lowes or Home Quarters to construct an ample storage unit.

I would appreciate an explanation, as I feel like I'm on the receiving end of the Milton Bradley Shaftola. Future generations may refer to it as "He got Milton Bradley-ed"

Lastly, is it true that the original game was played with real hippos? I read that somewhere.

Curious and a Little Disappointed,

Jerry
------------------------
From: Veronica at Hasbro, sent 12/27/2006:

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinion and feedback with us regarding our packaging.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

Since our ultimate goal is to bring happiness to the consumers who use our products, and certainly not disappointment, under separate cover we will be sending you some coupons for you to use when you purchase your next Hasbro products.

Also, the game Hungry Hungry Hippos was never played with real hippos.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.
------------------------------------
My note to Veronica, sent 1/31/2007

Hello,

In your previou correspondence, you mentioned some coupons. We never received anything.

The thing that reminded me about this was, as we were packing for a family trip to Florida, we were deciding what games to take, and we had to leave Hungry Hungry Hippos home because it, sadly, does not fit in the box.

Sincerely,

Jerry
----------------------------------
Veronica's note, sent 2/1/2007

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your email. I apologize you never received the coupons.

Please be assured I have ordered some more coupons for you. They are being sent to:

Jerry

-----------------------------
You May Also Enjoy:

From http://thehermanletters.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @hermanletters
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment