Search This Site

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Post # 174 - TempurPedic: How Do I Avoid A Used Bed? 1-2-2011

Dear TempurPedic,

My wife, Millie and I are excited about our prospective purchase of one of your memory foam mattresses.  When we stayed with a friend in Decatur, we slept on his guest bed.  For once, I slept all night with no back problems.

My chiropractor pointed out that the memory foam mattress provides good spinal support, reduces tossing and turning during sleep, is firm, yet cushioning, has a lifespan of more than 10 years and requires little maintenance.

Our love counselor urged us to do a trial because, in his words, “things are definitely different.”   I said “we can’t do that at the store!”  Apparently, your fine company offers a ninety night trial period.

Here’s my concern.  If our love doctor is telling us to “give her a whirl” first, I’m sure everyone’s love counselor is recommending the same thing.  I’m a bit of a germ-a-phobe.

Hypothetically, if someone returns their TempurPedic mattress after 89 nights, what are the chances that I might be purchasing their love nest?  How can I be assured that I’m not getting someone else’s leftovers?  Do I need to buy a black light?

If I can be assured of getting an unused mattress, where do the used ones end up?  Hotels?  Brothels?  Truck stops?

I need to know!

Jerry
----------------------------
From: DRSUPPORTEMAIL@TEMPURPEDICDR.COM
Subject: RE: Tempur-Pedic email received at 1/3/2011 10:03:47 PM [#60D8CN]
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:51:01 -0500

Jerry,
We do not sell used mattresses. The used mattresses either get shredded for carpet padding or they are donated to charities.
Regards,
Larisa

----------------------------

1 comment:

  1. The Therapur Heavenly Pillow from Dreams retails for £69.99, and comes complete with a "Clima-Smartcel" cover, which helps to keep the temperature of your head regulated (uncovered memory foam can be very warm), and is dimpled all over, like a little cloud. As pillows go, it's very cute!Amerisleep cool and healthy memory foam

    ReplyDelete